Mike J. Costa
Mike joined Strategic National Property Tax Advisors (SNPTA) 10 years ago and brought with him many years of experience from the Dallas Central Appraisal District (DCAD) where he acquired a clear understanding of their practices and gained valuable insight into their perspectives. With 44 years in the industry, many of those specific to DCAD, Mike provides a tremendous information resource for SNPTA clients.
Mike came to SNPTA from First American Commercial Real Estate Services, Inc. As a National Manager, he oversaw personnel at multiple offices across the country. While there his primary responsibilities centered around assessments, valuation, budgetary issues and tax projections, with the work done encompassing almost every state in the U.S. He also handled annual appeals for all his clients. Previously, Mike spent 15 years in the DCAD as commercial manager in charge of all property disciplines.
Mike has conducted significant negotiations with property tax consultants and taxpayers. He has provided testimony at appraisal review board hearings and been called as an expert witness in litigation.
- Expert witness in litigation for DCAD
- Taught the Registered Professional Appraiser (RPA) courses for registrants within DCAD and other jurisdictions
- Past president of the Texas Association of Assessing Officers/North Texas Chapter
- Certified with the State of Texas Board of Tax Professional Examiners
- Licensed Texas Property Tax Consultant
Rank of Sergeant E-5 • US Army, active during the Vietnam War,
Attended Texas Tech University, and has a RPA, was recertified while
employed by DCAD.
Completed the Society of Real Estate Appraisal Courses 101/102/201/202.